Tree Huggers 'R' Us
Today I took part in the Houston Arbor Day volunteer event where 2,700 people came out to plant 20,000 trees. My group was responsible for planting 100 trees, but we ended up planting closer to 150 or 200 trees when all was said and done.
Sadly though, I think we came closer to killing 15,000 trees since it was pouring down rain all morning and only about 1 in 5 volunteers actually knew how to plant a tree. If those poor trees survive the drowning, root chopping, and mulch-less massacre, well - we will have added to the forest that is The Woodlands. :)
I'd post pictures, but with mud up to my knees and mud all over the place I figured it wouldn't be wise to bring the camera. I'll see if I can find pictures of the event later this week!

1 comment:
thank you for helping save our mother earth! Now, i'm going to get into my fossil fuel eating vehicle and drive around while i look for a bigger badder fossil fuel eating vehicle.
Hehe...anyway, i want to see your green thumb on monday!
Post a Comment