28 October 2006

Oh for Christmas' Sake!

Christmas is a big thing in my family's house. Every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving my mom and I break out a dozen or so tubs of Christmas decorations, lights, ornaments, and fun and go wild turning our house into a catalog home. This year I get to start decorating my own place (okay, not my own - but Justin said I could!) and I'm on the hunt for Christmas decorations.

A few people in my office think I'm crazy for getting started this early, but this is when the sales are good and the selection is great as well!

My question for the rest of the world:
When is too soon for Christmas to start in stores? I agree with most that you can't start decorating in October, but I think it's fair for craft stores and places that sell Christmas goods to put them on the shelves by then... It gives me time to get everything together before the day after Thanksgiving!

And poll #2 for the post:
What kind of Christmas tree do you like to see next to the hearth at Christmas? The "catalog" or "pretty" tree with the matching ornaments, balls, garland and flowers or the tree full of memories - kid's ornaments, the crafts you made in kindergarten, and the ones that have their own stories that were given over the years? I have a special place in my heart and home for each, but I'm curious to hear everyone else's take on it!

No comments: