Good news ... Bad news ...
Today was a day of mixed highs and lows... Here goes the summary.
Bad News: The launch was scrubbed. See Scrub #1 below for the explanation...
Good News: I might have a chance to be command certified (meaning I've completed the training required to be eligible to perform commanding tasks to the Station) by the end of next week. This doesn't mean I actually get to command - that won't happen until I get through my complete system certification - but I'm another step closer.
Bad News: The launch for tomorrow was scrubbed. See Scrub #2. Maybe Friday?
Good News: We won our first softball game!!
Bad News: We lost our second.
Good News: I was hitting like a champ in the home run derby after the games!
Bad News: One of the guys got nailed in the head with a line drive in the home run derby.
Good News: No concussion and he doesn't need stitches!
Bad News: I almost hit a deer on the way out of the field.
Good News: I stopped in time and missed him!
Bad News: In stopping abruptly my cell phone slid forward from underneath my seat to be miraculously "found". ... yup. That's right. 3 days after I paid uber-dollars to replace it. Gotta love the timing.
Good News: I don't have to spend an additional $25 on a new sim card for the phone?
*sigh* It seems petty to complain after all of the shockers that have happened to family and friends, but we'll focus on the positives for now: Launch on Friday (fingers crossed people!), no expensive damage to a head, no damage to the car, and a few extra dollars saved on replacing a "lost" phone. All in a days work, I suppose.

2 comments:
Welcome to Blogger!
I just thought I would tell you this one made me smile. Especially the "lost" phone. I'm assuming you had checked the car before buying a new one. :-) Hope things go well and the launch happens.
Post a Comment