Someday...
This past week has been interesting.
I've had the fortunate opportunity of seeing how 83 years can change the hearts of hundreds...
I've seen how 57 years can build the lives of a family...
I've seen how 10 days can make people realize what they've always had but never noticed...
I've seen how 5 minutes can make you wish you had a lifetime back...
I hope someday to be the best friend my grandma was...
I hope someday to be nearly the mother my grandma was...
I hope someday people look back and see me as someone who has touched their hearts...
And I hope someday a little girl will look back, shed a tear, and know she'll never have anyone to take my place again.
I love you Grandma. You own a place in my heart that is yours alone...

7 comments:
sorry to hear about your grandma Erin, beautiful post for her! was hers the house we used to go play at between church service and choir practice on Sundays? just a few doors down, right?
Yep... That was the Grandma! It's funny to see how many of my friends knew her because we were always at her house...
Wow!! Kiddo!! You sure know how to make your dad cry!! Thanks for such a touching blog!! Your grandma was (and still is) so very proud of you and all you have accomplished and who you have become!! We love you!!
Dad
Not only did you make your dad cry but touched the heart and brought tears to the eyes of your Aunt Jan too!!! You put it so beautifully!! I met with a friend this morning who had only met Mom once before but she went away from the memorial service inspired to be a more faithful mom (without complaining)!! Thanks for your words and for your beautiful spirit we saw the last couple weeks. Blessings, Aunt Jan
Erin, you made me cry! I am so glad you were able to be with your family and I am so very glad that you have such good memories to remember your Grandma by.
What a terrific week that was! All of Grandma's kids gathered around to give her a great sendoff...to Heaven, that is.
And that BLOG sent shivers up Grandpa's shoulders and head to think she was so loved. I could also vouch for that as that is how I loved her ever since I saw her in good old MBI 60 years ago this fall...and I have spent all my minutes with her as much as I could ever since. I already miss her so much. Your Grandma was the Light of My Life, she was my Sunshine and radiance in the room she was in. She was truly a Saint of God if I ever knew one. Now she is my Angel in Heaven looking down from the Glory above. How I wish she could have seen her children and grandchildren honor her so...Maybe God will brush the curtains aside on judgement day and say, "Well done my BELOVED servant. Enter into the JOY of the LORD." And can't you just see her in robes of WHITE?
Yes, it was a glorious time and most appreciated tribute we all enjoyed in the service at GRACE CHURCH. It is my prayer that the song in the pictures on the wall behooves us as a family to remain Faithful to the Lord who said," My GRACE is sufficient for YOU."
May God bless you in your endeavors to make Him known throughout the Universe as you journey in the paths where God has given you Light and we'll be following your journeys into SPACE,Com. We also are very proud of your accomplishments as Grandma was. We love you so much.
Your Loving Grandpa Reed
Erin,
It was such a joy to see you and how you have blossomed! Thanks for your hard work on the pics and the program! Your Grandma would be so proud! You really know how to put it in few words! Will be praying for your training on the sim, etc.
We Love You, Aunt Judy
Post a Comment