Is it over yet?
Today was just one of those days. Nothing was gonna go my way no matter how hard I tried...
You ever get that feeling when you're about to go to bed that something just doesn't feel right? Your body hurts a little more than usual, you feel a little more depleted than normal, and (in my case) your eyes throb just a bit more than you expect. Fast forward to the next morning and you wake up feeling sick. Maybe not stay-home-from-work sick... And maybe not even stay in bed for an extra 30 minutes sick, but just not 100%. This morning I woke up feeling a little less than ideal. Then I tried to open my eyes and realized why. One eye was so swollen and sticky from last night that it wouldn't really open and the other eye felt like I'd just cried for the last 2 hours. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that I woke up with pink eye.
I don't know where it came from... It doesn't look like it will last long because after my shower and the rest of my day it seems to have cleared up for the most part. There is some residual itching and a lot of pressure and swelling, but otherwise the redness has gone away and the goopiness has not returned.
I decided I wasn't gonna let it get me down, though. I've been looking forward to going to Ikea for the last three weeks, ever since I found my future end tables for my living room. They also have some of the best burning taper candles I have ever found and I wanted to stock up for Christmas.
So Nel and I loaded ourselves into the car and headed for Ikea. While we were there, I verified that yes, indeed, these were my future end tables and headed straight for the basement where all of the pick-ups are done. Nel wanted to get a few things herself so we picked up some lanterns and pillows for her and headed for the candles. I found the candles right away ... in a candelabra on display. Needless to say, the sets of candles were nowhere to be found. I looked high and low (and let me tell you - low makes me feel like my eyeballs are attempting to burst out of my head), far and wide, and alas. No candles. I decided to try the oh-so-helpful Ikea salesperson and after standing around for 10 minutes gave up on him and went to find my end tables. As we were walking away he comes running up to inform me that they are in fact sold out (No way!!!) and they expect a shipment either tomorrow or Tuesday. Seriously??? Really?? I missed it by one day? It's so frustrating.
I chalked the candles up to a loss and figured that the true objective for this Ikea mission was end tables anyway so why get into a huff about it? I headed for the loading bay that houses the magic end tables in question and lo and behold... No end tables. You have to be kidding me, right? I decided I wasn't going to muck around this time - straight to my friendly-neighborhood Ikea salesperson. This particular salesperson didn't even have time to blink before he answered me. My question - "Do you have any more of the Hemnes bedside tables in -" then I was cut off by "Black-brown? No. We won't get any in until afte the first of the year." WHAT?? THE FIRST OF THE YEAR??? This is a joke right? I didn't bother to stick around and find out.
I took my $0.59 mugs to the cash register to check out (I had decided I needed those as well) and gave up. Then I got to the register and my mugs rang up for $2.99 each!! I don't know how many readers out there are familiar with Ikea, but if you are spending that much for anything kitchen-esque in the store, you obviously didn't look around much. Glasses average around $1.00 apiece and pans aren't much more than $10. I wasn't about to spend $2.99 for a mug so I put them on the register and blamed the tear I shed on my eye condition.
Stupid Ikea. You ruined my already crappy day. Oh well... Thanksgiving groceries have been purchased and I'm super excited for a holly jolly holiday week. (I hope.)
Only 4 more days until Christmas decorating!!

1 comment:
Sounds like you caught a case of 'Timing by Todd'. I can sympathize with the poor timing.
Lose the pink I, for you have a busy decorative week ahead of you...
Post a Comment