Back in the Game
I got tired of being lazy after I hurt myself last fall. Since I couldn't run for a few months (including the marathon) :( I got into a bad habit of doing nothing. And not just nothing for someone who was up to running 16 miles... I mean nothing to the extent that I only moved off my couch to eat, sleep, and work.
Okay... and play softball. And bowling. So I guess I wasn't that lazy, but it felt like it. Either way - I'm done with the lazy. This week I've been good. Really good! I've been better about not missing a workout than I was even when in training for the marathon. Part of it is that I'm back to my baby runs of a mile or two (and can I just say, that only running a mile is AWESOME!) so it doesn't take long, but a bigger part is that I just feel better.
I've been starting off slower, combining my running with swimming (which I still suck fantastically at-just for the record), lifting weights to build the strength to prevent injury, and well, I feel awesome not being lazy. It's super. Add that to the softball, bowling, and now golf (yup - I've taken up golf. Golf! Don't worry - I suck at that too, but I'm okay with it.) and it makes for a busy, active, and all around happier week for Erin! Yay!
So all that to say, hooray for getting off the couch. It's awesome. Except the persistent elbow pain that I have. I think bowling gave me tennis elbow. Lame. Needless to say, I'm just pretending it doesn't exist and playing through it. After all, it's only an elbow!

3 comments:
Whoohoo!!! You go girl, so proud! Is Trigirl in August calling your name yet? And let me know if you want help with the swimming...since we go to the same pool and all :)
Taking up golf. What a novel idea. You better find me some clubs so we can play when we are down there. And clubs for Jon as well. :) Maybe even for Brittany and mom can sit around by the pool and enjoy the heat while we go golfing.
Seriously? You suck at swimming? I turned 90 degrees and hit the wall within the first third of the pool.
Post a Comment