29 October 2009

Oh to Slack ...

Okay, I'm fired. I really haven't been good about updating, but what can I say? I just lack the motivation. A lot has been going on since June...

Mike and I went to Maine to see his hometown and the rest of the beautiful state. It was a blast - I met his family, saw Acadia National Park, Rangeley State Park, and just about everything in between (or so it seemed).



In addition, we went to Colorado for a long weekend in September ... and forgot to bring the camera charger. So alas, no pictures from that trip, but we wandered all over Estes Park, had dinner with the family, and crashed Grandma's house while they were out of town. :) Thanks Grandma!

Follow that up with another trip in October - this time to Tampa Bay. Mike's college roommate Aaron's parents have a condo in Sarasota and they generously invited us out to visit for Columbus Day. We visited Busch Gardens, rode the BEST roller coaster I have ever been on - hands down.



From there, it's been work, work, and work! I've been made the increment lead for the next six months, which means I live, breath, and eat work (if work could be nutritious), but it's a great chance for me to really get involved at the broadest level. I'm excited for the chance, but nervous - I'm not sure I'm really ready for it.

Mike made it all worth it, though. As an early Halloween gift of sorts, he made me a very, very happy girl when he took me to the park, gifted me the stars, and dropped on a knee for me...


No comments: