When?
When is it time to just say, "when."? To step out of the ring and realize you're only doing more damage than it's worth? What defines that line?
Is it when you hurt worse than you've ever hurt before? Some say that's how you know you've finally made progress...
Is it when someone else asks why you thought about fighting in the first place? Are you being courageous at that point - or just plain stupid?
What do you listen to? Your heart saying make it stop? Your mind saying you owe it to yourself to try? Or do you listen to your conscience saying you know this will never work...
I've been told that to crash and burn is the only way to learn to fly... But I'm bruised, scarred, bloody, and I'm losing hope that someone is going to be there to pick me up the next time around.
I got sucker punched this time... I'm trying to tell myself it was a one time deal. I'm trying to convince myself that they slipped when trying to pat me on the back. I'm trying... But man - I'm failing miserably.
--- Update ---
I lied. I know when. When is now.
--- Update #2 ---
The big reveal? You're looking at it.

3 comments:
You are in my heart, Erin - take care.
We love you.
just so you know, there are people out there that have a crush on you and are too scared to show it.
Post a Comment